WOEMA encourages all residents to attend the Western Occupational Health Conference (WOHC). Each year, WOEMA offers scholarships for residents who participate at WOHC. Additionally, scholarship recipients are expected to introduce speakers as an opportunity for professional development and increasing visibility in the medical community. Click to download application.
Purpose of Scholarship:
- To provide support to OEM residents to attend the Western Occupational Health Conference (WOHC);
- To develop leadership potential in candidates who show early promise through exceptional activities;
- To offer networking and enhance mentorship opportunities of residents by WOEMA members that might not otherwise be possible due to distance or funding availability.
- All applicants must be in an accredited OEM training program;
- Letter of support from Program Director;
- Poster submission (see flyer for more information);
- One paragraph biography;
- Headshot photo in electronic format (jpeg, gif);
- At WOHC recipients will be asked/required to attend the Thursday evening orientation and introduce faculty during Friday & Saturday plenary sessions;
- Limited scholarship and stipends are available. Priority is given to WOEMA members;
- Scholarship will be awarded and recipients notified by August 10, 2015.
Resident Poster Submissions: (see flyer for more information)
1st prize -$250 and 2nd prize -$125
This year all scholarship recipients are required to submit posters on occupational and environmental medicine research projects at the conference. Please bring your posters with you to the Residents Reception for display in the exhibit area; judging will take place Friday and Saturday.
The application for the 2015 Resident Scholarship Program is due August 3, 2015. Click to download application.